|Haymaking ~ Pyotr Konchalovsky ~ 1947|
This Tuesday news thread is a weekly feature here at Big Picture Agriculture.
- Here’s What U.S. Farmers Will Plant More (and Less) of in 2017 | Bloomberg k.m.: This includes great charts. Soybean prices took a hit after this report.
- Growing A Prairie In The Shadow Of An Agribusiness Legacy | Harvest Public Media Quote: "he realized he’d never even seen an intact prairie ecosystem despite growing up in Iowa"
- World Bank Ignores Land Grabbing | IPS
- Agrispeculation in eastern Europe; Investors are buying more of eastern Europe's farmland, turning it into instruments of speculation and letting the owners profit from public subsidies. Smaller farmers are getting pushed out. | DW
- Nitrates, Bacteria, Water Quality a Growing Concern for Rural Residents | Center for Rural Affairs
- Salmon farming in crisis: 'We are seeing a chemical arms race in the seas' | The Guardian
- Farmers Still Face Problems Reining in Premium Costs - Insurance Problems Remain | DTN's Chris Clayton
- Iowa’s biodiesel producing capacity to increase to 400 million gallons a year, or 20% | Biofuels International Magazine
- Speculators are more Bearish on Grains | Agrimoney
- Corn Exports to Mexico (in a round-about-way) | Tiwa Farms
- Very rare calf born at Conner Prairie, Indiana | IndyStar
- A salt solvent allows for natural fiber garments to be recycled into new Ioncell fabric | Popular Science
- Dairy is scary. The public are waking up to the darkest part of farming | The Guardian
- A guy who made tools to catch terrorists is now using bomb-sensing technology to grow food | Business Insider
- Scientists Discover a New Source of Methane: Tree Trunks | YaleE360
- A 'bionic leaf' could help feed the world | Phys.org
- The Death and Rebirth of the Duncan Grapefruit | NYTs
- Maple syrup extract enhances antibiotic action | EurekAlert!
- Small Scale Canning And Jarring Of Fruit And Vegetables. Interview with Oregon's Muirhead Canning Company | Hourlong Podcast by Matt Brechwald of Off Farm Income
- New Study Suggests Vitamin D Decreases Cancer Risk | US Agnet
Winners of the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards | The Atlantic
THIS WEEK'S VIDEO:
A Video Of A Really Big Chicken Is Going Viral And It's Terrifying
To view last week's LINKS, click here.
If you enjoyed these news links, please consider sharing this via Email or social media.