|Jose Malhoa ~ 1898 ~ The Bakers, A Market in Figueiró|
This Tuesday news thread is a weekly feature here at Big Picture Agriculture.
- The Company Making Egg Whites Without Hens | Medium
- UN experts denounce 'myth' pesticides are necessary to feed the world | The Guardian
- Million-dollar farms accounted for over half of production in 2015 | USDA (chart)
- As grasslands shrink, a rural war rages over mowing ditches; But cutting the grass could deplete much-needed wildlife habitat, Minnesota says. | Star-Tribune
- Tensions Grow as Solar Projects Supplant Farmland | WSJ
- House Ag Subcommittee Examines Conservation Issues | Farm Policy News
- Expanded land-idling measures proposed for new farm bill | World-Grain
- The Ongoing Debate over Farmland Taxation | Farmdocdaily Includes helpful maps. (Nebraska high in Midwest)
- Top 8 Richest Farmers in the World | Luxatic
- Scientists create ‘designer yeast’ in major step toward synthetic life | Wash-Post
- Raped, beaten, exploited: the 21st-century slavery propping up Sicilian farming | The Guardian
- Israeli agriculture conquers the desert | The Sagamore
- Northern Ontario and Cultivating the Great Claybelt | Timmins Press
- Organic farming matters - just not in the way you think | The Conversation
- The farming revolution that aims to bring free-range milk to Britain | The Guardian
- Are indoor farms the next step in the evolution of agriculture? | Japan Times
- A solar-powered greenhouse in a So. Australia waterless desert | Treehugger
- Rural America, The New Inner City | Huff-Post
- General Mills boosts eco-friendly grain Kernza | Phys.org
- In Praise of Quinoa | The Economist
- Blueberry concentrate improves brain function in older people | Medical Press
INTERESTING EMIGRATION MAPS:
World Mapper | The Big Picture
THIS WEEK'S VIDEO:
One Hundred Thousand Beating Hearts
One Hundred Thousand Beating Hearts from Peter Byck on Vimeo.
To view last week's LINKS, click here.
If you enjoyed these news links, please consider sharing this via Email or social media.