|Emmet and Edith Gowin/Pace-MacGill Gallery|
This Tuesday news thread is a weekly feature here at Big Picture Agriculture.
- Net income for the nation’s top 100 ag co-ops rose 14% in 2015, says new USDA report. | Wallaces Farmer
- High-tech agriculture can prevent oncoming global water wars | The Conversation
- Agroecology Booming in Argentina | IPS
- How many farmers are actually planting cover crops? | Agweb
- German Agriculture Minister Says 'Nein' to calling this food Meatless 'Meatballs' | NPR
- The "chickenization" of beef | High Country News
- 2017 launched as the 'Year of Sustainable Grassland' in Ireland | Farmers Journal
- Scottish salmon farming ‘fighting a losing battle’ against sea lice | Press and Journal UK
- Costco's future chicken plant in Nebraska raises environmental concerns | Journal Star
- Western Massachusetts farm family lives by values of yesterday, using draft horses. | NPR
- Congress' budget patch averts national farm loan crisis | LA Times
- How the US Government Subsidizes Obesity | IPS
- The market for agricultural robots is developing at a rapid pace | USAgnet
- What’s Happening to the Bees and Butterflies? | New York Review of Books
- New wood technology may offer hope for struggling timber | Phys.org
- The 99 best things that happened in 2016 (includes a number of Ag-related) | Quartz
- Research scientists funded by Syngenta struggle with issues. | NYTs
- The Vertical Farm | The New Yorker
- An Aquaculture farm in Selbyville, Delaware | Coastal Point
- In 2017, learn to eat sustainably (with 3 recipes) | Adirondack Daily Enterprise
THIS WEEK'S VIDEO:
Learn About Agriculture in Idaho. What does it produce?
To view last week's LINKS, click here.
If you enjoyed these news links, please consider sharing this via Email or social media.