Friday, September 2, 2016

Soil Infographic


  1. Where can a US resident take a soil sample to be tested in order to simply grow grass, flowers and shrubs ?

    I know absolutely nothing about growing such things, but will soon have to learn. I hope to make the learning curve as gentle as possible.

    1. Congrats! I hope this is good news. Just google your location and "soil testing lab" and find out what your local options are.

    2. That was my initial thought. At one time, decades ago, when I was living in rural NE, the county extension agent was the obvious choice. Not sure how good a choice that is now as I'm now in an urban area. But I will check it out, when the time comes.

    3. And I'd expect your local extension agent could also get you headed the right direction but I'm not sure they'd provide the testing itself.