Friday, February 5, 2016

Eight Plant-Based Protein Sources

Thanks to The Vegan Road .com for this infographic showing us good sources of plant-based proteins. Tempeh, listed as number one, is made from soy through fermentation. I'd like to add that there are 13 grams of protein in one cup of wheat flour, or, about 5 grams of protein in one large slice of multi-grain bread. In a vegan diet, it can be a challenge to eat all of the nutrients that are necessary for a healthy human diet.


  1. My metabolism violently reacted against me several years ago. I developed a severely itchy hives when consuming my typical wheat based natural foods, as only one symptom among others.

    I went Gluten Free and each and every symptom disappeared. A food allergen tab test, is appropriate for a more nuanced approach, but that is not realistic in my economic situation.

    So I do-it-myself, as in pick and choose GF products, and do the same with your information.

    Thanks for your work.

  2. Interesting. It is so amazing how individual our bodies are and react to foods. What works for one doesn't work for all. The reason I added the wheat info is because I think a lot of people don't realize how much protein is in it. There is finally getting to be some questioning of the gluten free movement - but not in your case. Glad its solved, anyway.