Thursday, December 17, 2015

Retired in Northern Minnesota 1973

Mr. and Mrs. Dwight Rogers, a retired couple, live on a small farm near Grygla, Minnesota. Mr. Rogers cuts firewood and keeps a garden.

Place: Lake of the Woods, Minnesota.

Date: 06/1973. U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.

Photographer: Jonas Dovydenas.

Record creator: Environmental Protection Agency.


  1. What does Mrs. Rogers do?

  2. Fred, I wish I could answer that for you but as far as I can tell she cooks and cleans the house. One time a family member of one of my old photos wrote a nice comment underneath telling much more about the family seated around the dinner holiday table. Perhaps some of the Rogers relatives will see this and help us out. I was to Lake of the Woods once when I was an adolescent and loved it there - in the summertime.