I have a strong suspicion that most readers of this blog are outdoors people, and so I've made a discovery useful to pass on to those who may be interested.
Some days I may come across with an anti-consumerism sentiment, yet I realize the value of a good and long lasting product which is useful that is produced in America. And I've found it. Being a redhead (yes, you knew I was a bit different, didn't you?), I best wear a hat when I go outdoors in our high altitude sun here in Colorado. I have had a few hats in my life, and usually I've ended up disappointed. And it takes a lot for a product to impress me enough to do a post about it. This is a first.
The brand is Sun Day Afternoons out of Oregon.
My reasons for loving this hat are:
- it is so light-weight I hardly know it's on
- it has a vent so is cool to wear
- it comes in white which makes sense in the summer
- it has a cinch cord to keep it secure in the wind
- the fabric is sun proof with a rating of 50
- it comes in several sizes and I found the perfect fit
[no advertising by company, just a heartfelt post]