Sunday, September 18, 2011

Documentary Film Trailer: Farmageddon

Farmageddon: the Unseen War on American Family Farms
I'll let the reader decide. The Boston Globe calls it pretty one-sided.


  1. The Boston Globe calls it one sided. Is that to suggest that the film is one-sided, or perhaps it could be the other way around.

    Lets not ignore the degree to which agriculture has been industrialized and ownership concentrated in large, capita intensive corporations. And lets not pretend that this is somehow normal, or that it is simply the way of progress, that its needed to feed everyone on the global . . .

    Fortunately for me, I purchase non-homogenized goats milk just down the road from my neighbor, here in rural Oregon. And I not some crazy anti-government nut case either, by the way.

  2. Anon
    Thanks for your comment. I haven't seen the documentary, only the trailer, nor am I an expert on the subject of the movie, so I honestly can't render an opinion, but if a person does decide to do a documentary, they should present both sides of the story. We are supposedly living in a democracy, though, aren't we???

  3. The other side is presented quite well by stating what they don't tell you. Each day the other side spends millions on false advertising to present a false utopian picture suckers buy into. Try watching Food Inc. Google is your friend.

  4. Government doing what it does best--running amok. Yes, yes, blah, blah its for the greater good.